Sunday, January 30, 2011

xkcd on cooking....

I do enjoy xkcd sometimes, despite Randall Munroe's questionable position on the social sciences. He has a classic up about cooking today. We've all been there, for sure. The trick is to not buy expensive ingredients, which takes some thought and practice, and some chops in the kitchen, which also takes some thought and practice. I have been planning a major post on that topic since day one, complete with pictures from my local farmer's market, but it will be a bit of a thing, so I'm waiting for a day (any day now) where I don't feel quite so overwhelmed by all the things I ought to be doing instead.

Tomorrow I'll tell you about the giant pot of Red Lentil, Bulgur, and Chipotle soup that I made this afternoon, though. An excellent dish for a cold and rainy January night!

No comments:

Post a Comment